Sunday, February 18, 2018

Me, Myself, and I

So a few days ago, I received some very bad personal news and ... um ... I haven't been taking it very well. Not going into details and it's not as bad as ... well ... it's not as bad as the bad news that some people get. And I suppose, in the long run, it's bad news but not that horrendously, terribly, awful. Just bad. But, like I said, I haven't been taking it very well. I know that I need to grow up a bit and just ... deal. Deal and find ways to move forward. But I think I'm entitled to at least a few days -- a few weeks even? -- to try to wrap my brain around things and figure out where am I and precisely what my coping mechanisms are going to be.

Like so much else in my life, this would be so much easier if I really thought of those around me as a support system, but sadly, I just don't. Maybe that's on me. I'm not sure, especially right now. And maybe this will be an opportunity for change and/or reflection. I'm open to most anything.

Anyway, the point of this post is simply to alert my readers that I may or may not keep to my current once-a-week posting schedule. I'll try. Maybe. But that's all going to be dependent on just how I'm doing at any given moment. Maybe retreating into captioning will be a sort of escape; maybe not. So if I appear absent for any period of time, know that I'm both still here and safe, but that I may just be taking a little "me time".

3 comments:

  1. Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, FWIW, you have MY permission to take very good care of yourself for as long as you need to, Mindy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You surely deserve it. Take a step back and try to enjoy something different. We appreciate all of your hard work here and await your return. Take care of yourself first.

    ReplyDelete

Add This