Friday, April 17, 2020

Writing Progress (April 17, 2020)

I'm not sure if anybody is particularly interested, but I've been having a lot of fun writing both long form fiction and captions while stuck at home. And I've been having a bit of fun letting my readers know about my writing progress. So, at least for the time being, I'm going to try to provide a weekly-ish writing update.

This week comes with bad news and good news. The bad news is that I only managed about 2,000 words on Raspberry's story. It's not that I've burned out or lost focus; I just had other things going on...

Like captions. Lots and lots of captions. I mean a lot of captions? How many new captions did you write I hear you yelling. How many?

Drum roll please...

In the last week, in addition to correcting typos and cleaning up about 20 older, as-yet unpublished captions, this week I wrote ... are you sitting down?

This week I wrote 145 new captions. Yes I did. Seriously.

Which of course presents a bit of a dilemma. I've been posting one new caption each week (usually Friday night or Saturday night). If I keep to that schedule, I've got enough captions in my queue for three years! And while I like the idea of a full queue, especially so that if I hit a dry spell, my blog won't go quiet, I'm also really anxious for my readers to read my new captions (several in particular). So I'm thinking about posting new captions more frequently. Not sure yet about that. Time will tell.

Oh, and as for what the protagonist of my story will be named, I think I'm going to stick with Raspberry Monaco (but her friends may call her Razz; I liked that suggestion). For those who asked, I viewed "Monaco" as being similar to names like "Dakota," "Montana," "Malibu," "Aspen," etc. And to the anonymous reader who suggested the name "Toledo" ... just, no.

In the meantime, keep safe and stay healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I am in awe of your creative output! Way to go, hon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Add This