Sunday, August 28, 2011

Magic Teapot

A few weeks ago, I received my first caption request. Alice gave me the idea for a story including the names of the characters and a set of images. I was both excited at the prospect of trying to realize someone else's story concept with their images ... but I was also more than a bit nervous about whether I could do so. Over the last few weeks, I've tried several times, but I was never satisfied with the direction or the results. There were too many pictures for just a short one or two image caption; but I was also having a hard time figuring out how to put more images to use.

And thus, this caption request became an ongoing challenge, both good and bad. I wanted to do it; I wanted to keep my promise. But at the same time, I was becoming bothered by the trouble that I'd been having. And so I kept putting off trying to work on the request, always finding another caption to do first.

I've posted lots of captions over the last few weeks, but none of them were in response to the request. I was pleased with my output (quality and quantity) but I felt guilty that I'd promised something to Alice that I hadn't been able to deliver. Then, yesterday, while thinking about some new captions, I saw something in one of those images that Alice sent me that triggered a nugget of an idea and from there, well...

Alice, this one is for you. I hope you enjoy it.












And now that I've managed to honor a caption request, I'm certainly willing to try if anyone else has any requests. No promises. But, at least for the moment, my confidence level is pretty good, so I'm willing to see what I can do.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this great story. It worth the wait^^
    You have use the pictures so well. It turn to be exactly what i have in mind when i do the request.
    I just wish to find that damn teapot someday^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad that I was able to capture your idea and translate it into words and images.

    ReplyDelete

Add This