Friday, March 27, 2020

Could We Really Get a Mindy Z Short Story?

Maybe? I've got a whole bunch of short story ideas, several of which I've started writing, a few words here and a few words there, but few have progressed beyond some very initial stages.

Until now...

While I've been working from home, I've found myself with a bit of free time here and there between working on this and working on that. And in that free time (and some of the free time I can find late at night, too), I've started working on something that is going by the working title "Mistaken Punishment" or, alternatively, "Raspberry". The idea was inspired by a story on Fictionmania a week or three ago (I'm not going to tell you which one, just yet, but I will if I eventually publish my story). That story really wasn't the type that I tend to read, but something about it caught my attention and gave me an idea to work with that would let me play around with some of the themes and ideas I that I like to explore.

Anyway, the story is far from done, but so far I'm on Chapter 4 and it's nearly 13,000 words long! I was initially thinking that this was a 10-15,000 word story, but I'm still in the very early stages of the story I plan to tell.

Right now, I'm thinking about working through the next chapter or two and then maybe posting an initial draft for comments. If this thing gets longer and longer I will contemplate trying to put into an ebook format and sell it via Amazon or Smashwords or something. I've never really thought about trying to monetize any of the things I do here, but this might give me the impetus to do so.

We'll see. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that's great news! If you need anything - proofreader, Amazon/Smashwords advice, review, whatever - let me know. I would love to read what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that there is a bright side to all of this. Stay safe and I am looking forward to all you have to offer.

    ReplyDelete

Add This