Friday, May 15, 2020

Writing Progress (May 15, 2020)

I felt like I was more productive this week than I (apparently) was in reality. Only about 8,000 words in my story (I guess I should start calling it a novella). Scrivener tells me that the project now has right around 48,000 words and would be about 140 pages if it were printed as a paperback.

I solved last week's problem by breaking the troubling chapter into two parts and using that first part to deal with some of the issues that were giving me trouble later on. I think I like the way the story is flowing now, but I guess we'll just have to see when I get a bit further. I have two sections coming up that I know will be difficult to write.

I've decided to give myself a break when I'm not feeling in the mood to write. My output isn't great if I'm trying to force myself. But when I am in the mood and the words are flowing, I'm finding that this sort of writing is ... oh, I don't know. A release? Cathartic? Anyway, when I'm in the mood, I'm really enjoying the effort to tell the tale.

New captions? Um... My queue has plenty right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add This