Friday, May 8, 2020

Writing Progress (May 8, 2020)

Looking purely at the numbers, it wasn't a very productive week. Only a handful of new captions and only about 5,000 words in Raspberry's story. But that doesn't tell the whole ... um ... story. You see, I wrote about 5,000 words in the chapter tentatively titled "Going Home" ... and then I erased it because it sucked. So I wrote it again. And erased it again. Better than the first draft, but still just not what I wanted. So I really wrote about 15,000 words this week but don't have anywhere near that output to show for it. Oh, well. It's not like I'm working on a deadline.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I understand your situation. I began writing a story at Fictionmania over ten years ago and it would take me just a few days to write some chapters and others would literally take months. And the blahs set in and I never finished it. Then about two years ago I decided to try again but decided I wouldn't publish anything until it's done, but it just kept spiraling out of control to the point where it feels like it will be a giant novel when it's done. And still I'll write four of five pages in a spurt, then the next time I try I'll add three words and call it a day. At this rate I'll have it done by 2027. You can see my work in the "Cocooned" series under the author name EF666 at Fictionmania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds similar to my experience. I'm hoping that I'll have the nerve to post the story (novella? novel?) publicly when I'm done. I'm not so thin-skinned that I can't accept criticism (and I like to think that I'm a good writer), but this is ... well, different.

    I'll try to check you your work on FM when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

Add This